a happy couple might’ve got married today
someone might’ve kissed their best friend and realized they are gay today
someone might’ve found out they were officially cancer free today
someone might’ve finally finished their debut novel today
lots of interesting things might’ve happening today
we should celebrate
you’re the kind of person everyone needs in their lives
I think this is the perfect occasion for some wine
Rules my Grandma’s Psychiatrist gave her in 56’
- Get some cheap dishes and break them when you get upset.
- Learn how to say “NO” and don’t feel guilty about it
- Buy something frivolous for yourself once in awhile, like a new hat.
- Never again do anything you don’t want to do.
I still think this applies.
…Sometimes people try to destroy you, precisely because they recognize your power — not because they don’t see it, but because they see it and they don’t want it to exist.
- me in the evening: oh, staying up late isn't bad, I'll manage tomorrow
- me in the morning: AM I A FUCKING IDIOT
- Me during finals week: "It's beginning to look a lot like FUCK THIS."
I think as you grow older your christmas list gets smaller and the things you really want for the holidays can’t be bought